Bachelor of Arts (BA)
On Campus, Online, Hybrid
About the Program
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Biochemistry with the general option is designed for students who wish to major in biochemistry but require fewer credit hours in biochemistry than the BS in Biochemistry.
Focus of Study
The BA program is for those students who may be interested in a more general degree or for pre-professional students who will elect significant coursework from another department. Undergraduate students may go on to graduate school in the biochemical sciences by taking additional courses in biochemistry or related disciplines.
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Biochemistry requires the following:
- A minimum of 52 credit hours of CHEM course work. At least 16 of those hours must be upper division (courses numbered 3000 or higher).
- 17 additional hours of auxiliary course work.
- A grade of C or better in all CHEM and auxiliary course work.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA must be maintained in all CHEM course work.
- No more than 60 credit hours of CHEM course work may apply to the bachelor’s degree.
- Additional course work is required to complete the Biochemistry, BA degree. Please see the advising guide on the Academic Advising website for more information.
Specialization Track Options*
For details on program coursework, please visit the Academic Catalog.
Chemistry & Biochemistry Requirements
|LAS & Compass Requirements||
|Total Credit Hours:||120 Credit Hours|